To Journal or not to journal, that is a question.
There has been plenty of text written about the benefits and how to write journals created over the years. Simply put, joy can be taken from reading journals years later. Indeed this gives a way of looking at yourself today to see if or how you have changed through the years. Journals can be a creative outlet and a historical record of your thoughts. They can help work through existing issues or help you make transformations in your life using positive affirmations and intention setting.
Most books on the subject are well written, informative and lengthy. Sometimes looking at a blank sheet we need a little inspiration to help us start or focus. What follows are some simple and very short suggestions if you are having one of those sticky days.
- What small thing can I do to be kinder to myself
- What small thing can I do to be kinder to my friends and acquaintances.
- What one thing could have the most positive impact on your life if you changed it right now.
- What one thing could have the most positive impact on your life if you stopped it right now.
- Imagine you are in your old age, with all the experience of a life to look back upon. What single piece of advice would you give to your younger self.